This couldn’t have come on a more opportune day, than a day when it has been snowing nonstop. I am always so touched and humbled when someone takes the time to read my artsy fartsy ramblings, let alone, then go on to nominate me for awards, so a big shout out to M.C. Grimm for this. He has an awesome blog which encompasses personal life experiences, fantasy and storytelling, which frankly is well worth a visit.
What are the rules?
This award goes to positive and uplifting blogs that make the blogging world/any world a better place 😄
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you to blog.
3. Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo on your post or on your blog.
11 questions M.C. Grimm left for me to answer.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Eclectic, eccentric and abrupt
2. Do you believe in fate?
This is a tough one, as I don’t believe that anything is planned, but life is a series of events and actions which will lead you to the place that you should be. Some may call that fate, I like to think of it as causal coincidence.
3. If you could have one car, right now, for free; what would it be?
A Bugatti Veyron… in eclectic blue.
4. Where is your dream vacation and whose with you (anywhere/anyone in the world)?
Japan and really, especially while I am travelling, I don’t mind my own company, but if it could be anyone I guess it would have to be Tom Hardy… He’s not much of a talker, but he is very pretty to look at.
5. What album ties to some old pleasant memories?
It would have to be Harry Chapin “Legends of the Lost and Found”. It takes me back to driving to Plymouth with my Dad to see his side of the family, it was a long drive, and he would always make us leave at round 4am, but he would sing along to this along the way. I loved it.
6. How often do you dream and what do you dream about?
I am blessed/cursed with an totally overactive brain. I dream almost nightly (and in colour) and generally I can remember my dreams vividly. The weirdest one by far has been one where I am the girlfriend of Danny Trejo, and we were in a biker gang. We were barbecuing out in an open park, with the gang, when suddenly Danny gets struck by lightening and I had to step up to be the leader of the gang… make of that what you will and no I don’t watch “Sons of Anarchy”.
7. What advice would you give to someone who is depressed with their life?
Tough one as I am a bit of a straight talker, so I can on occasions, be known to act like a contortionist and get my foot well and truly in my mouth. The only thing I think I could say to anyone is that life is all about personal choices, and if you aren’t happy how you are right now, only you have the ability to change that. I have been through some tough times, and only I could really pull myself out of the depression that comes along side that. Despite the help available I think it is more about a mindset as those around you can only do so much. They can offer all the unwavering support you can take, but ultimately if you aren’t willing to make a change to improve your life, then they can only support you in what you are willing to do.
8. NASA is recruiting for a one way mission to colonise a faraway planet, would you go and why?
No, I wouldn’t go. Firstly this is a mission of experimentation, therefore they are going to be sending people who can achieve more that talking about art, or rebuild a PC. They are going to need farmers, builders, scientists, doctors and people with many, many more qualifications that me, therefore I think it would be rather selfish of me to jump aboard when actually this planet requires the work of people who can make the colony work. Also I can’t travel without my hair straighteners and I hear the atmosphere on that plant causes havoc with frizzing…
9. You are cast for a high paying role in a popular TV show (lets go for Eastenders… sure), but you have to be a feeble racist antagonist, using your real name, and who dies in a horribly realistic way (burning to death) at the end. The script seems to be less about the plot and more about bashing you – would you do it?
Yes. The script is going to be bashing me whether I take the role or not, and it’s only a bit of acting. I see this as a route to getting me to Japan and maybe giving me the contacts to see if maybe Tom Hardy would like to join me… plus everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame, right?
10. Your life is cast for a movie – what actress (it can’t be you because your villain role wasn’t well received by audiences) would play you?
I would love to think that someone like Gillian Anderson would go for that role, but knowing my luck it would end up being Bette Middler.
11. What can you do to make your own life better starting today?
Well I think I have already started taking steps in that. I am starting a further learning course in greek mythology next month. I have travel to Dubai and India planned for later in the year, giving me the access to explore other cultures. I am also learning lots of other fun things and getting involved with some fantastic people that see the stranger side of life.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:-
Now the fun bit… questions for those I have nominated…
1. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be and why?
2. How do you feel about Flat Earthers?
3. Describes yourself in 3 words.
4. If you could be anything what would you be and why?
5. When I was a kid I desperately wanted to be a Unicorn, what did you want to be?
6. Who has inspired you the most in your life?
7. Which season do you like the most?
8. Who would win in a fight…Batman or Aquaman?
9. If you had the choice to give up everything and travel the world all expenses paid, but leave your loved ones behind, would you?
10. Favourite all time film?
11. Do you see yourself as an inspiration to others?
Thank you guys for giving such interesting and varied content, allowing us to see the world from your point of view. It certainly fills me with a little sunshine when I read your articles. I hope that this nomination makes you as happy as it made me today.