You know, I am always astounded when someone nominates me for anything. Before I started writing on here I had absolutely no confidence in writing; I will always tell you that a very good friend of mine gave me the support and encouragement to start, and this has now become something I love doing. So when lovely people like the rather awesome KKatch22 nominate me for things like this, it really does give me a boost and helps to show me that I am not just waffling. If you haven’t already heard of KKatch22 you should check out her site Finding French Charm. It is an amusing and delightful read, and she is someone who has shown me a lot of support and I am very grateful to her and everyone who reads/comments on the articles I write.
The Rules for the Nominees
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to the blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
There are so many amazing blogs here are a few of the ones that make me smile the most.
- Joshi Daniel Photography
- The world according to Dom
- Giggles and Tales
- Little Fears
- O’ Canada
- The Semicolon
- Young Meets Free
- The Loyal Brit Wit
- Haiku Abound
- Graffiti Lux and Murals
- Dave Whatt
- If you had to choose just one, which one has had the most influence on your life decisions: Money, Power, or Love?
Well this is a tricky one isn’t it, because money technical can by you power and love (of a sort), if you have enough of it. Also I am not too shy to say that I am heavily motivated by money as there are lots of things I want to do in life which require stupid amounts of money to enable me to do them. Power I can take or leave to be honest. I don’t long for a small minion army of my own to assist me in taking over the world, and love, well that is a natural occurrence and isn’t something that can be forced, so if I have to pick something which has the most influence on my life decisions I guess it has to be money just by the sheer fact that travel, seeing amazing art works and keeping up with technology which enables me to keep in touch with those I care about the most, requires a steady income.
- What colour do you hate to wear and why?
Yellow. Can’t stand that colour, it’s far too bright and optimistic for my liking, also there is something scientific about the saturation of yellow which can repel certain people…don’t get me wrong, I like a nice sunflower or daffodil, but too much yellow in clothing or artwork does put me off.
- What saying or expressions were you told once that stuck with you forever and who said it to you?
I can’t remember who first said the saying to me, it may well have been my grandmother, but I now use it myself quite regularly…
When the wind blows, some men build walls, some build windmills
It’s an ancient Chinese proverb about fear of change, but it’s so perfect.
- Does the toilet paper go “over” or “under”? Why?
Clearly over! What kind of person puts it under?? The reason for it is less touching of roll if it is over and you don’t have to potentially try and fish the paper off the wall.
- What is your go-to analogy to explain something to someone?
I have lots. Working in IT you have to get creative when trying to explain things to people who are not so technologically minded. I also deal with a lot of suppliers and my personal favourite, when they fail to deliver, is “It’s like promising the moon on a string and they turn up with a pot of jam”.
- If you could learn any language (that you don’t already know), which language would it be and why?
I would really love to speak Japanese, but with all the other learning that I do, I don’t currently have time to fit this in. I have plans to visit Japan next year, and I love the idea of me attempting to speak the language, but I think it would take me more than the time I have to learn it fluently.
- What is one thing you learned about yourself by blogging that you didn’t know before?
Tough one… I think possibly that I actually might have a little spark of talent for writing.
- What is the first thing you notice about someone you have just met?
Definitely eyes…and hands. Maybe the state of a person’s shoes as well… I find that says a lot about a person.
- If you had to give up one of the 5 senses which one could you live without? (Seeing, Hearing, Smelling, Tasting, Touching)
Definitely not seeing and hearing, these are pretty much a must for me. Smelling and taste, well these are pretty essential as well as they are intrinsically linked (people who lose their sense of smell also find that their tastes change), and touch, well I am not a massively touchy person, but I think I would miss having the ability to pick up something tactile or to hug someone that I care about. This means really I could only lose taste, which would be a push as I am a massive food snob, but there are things with the others which I couldn’t go on without.
- Cats or Dogs? Why or Why not? (Include another species if you feel REALLY strongly about it)
I like both, but I am allergic to cats, so simply by default…Dogs. In fact I like all animals (but elephant rock!).
- Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
I don’t really have a set role model, but there are lots of people who have influenced the way I am now.
My questions to you…
- What piece of technology do you hate the most and why?
- Night or Day?
- If you could go to any destination where would it be and why?
- What makes you feel accomplished?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What is on your bucket list?
- What would you name a boat if you had one?
- What is the best and worst purchase you have ever made?
- What is the stupidest way you have been injured?
- What is the most useless talent you have?
- What is the most interesting thing you have read this week?
I will leave you with a picture from Mark Ryden – Exotica.